View Single Post
Old 08-24-2022, 02:33 PM   #21
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
I don't know the exact requirements for World Team Cup, but I strongly suspect it's ranking-based. If you get enough players that do well enough in the rankings, you'll be able to replace one of the existing Level 4 nations. Then you'll need to do well enough to stay there, etc.

Example: Last year Bulgaria was invited in, but they only stayed there for a year. Lithuania replaced them this year.

I think it's something like 'compare last-place group finishers in Level 4 to nations who aren't in Level 4 and see if there's any that justify a switch'. Looking at Lithuania's players, they have a guy who is Top-200 singles, Top-100 in doubles, another who is low 200s in singles .... meanwhile a lot of the nations who aren't in have their best players ranked at 500th or lower. So, very roughly speaking, getting multiple players doing well in juniors or up to the 'higher-level futures' would be a thing to aim for.

The time to check would be Week 52. After the Week 51 Playoffs, and before the new WTC begins Week 1 of the new year.

Looks like I'll have to keep waiting for another decent Turkish youngster to pop up then.. or finally cave and get the VIP.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote