View Single Post
Old 09-17-2022, 09:55 AM   #438
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Maaaaan, have I got a story...

So 2 weeks ago when FSU was looking decent against LSU and Louisville had gotten blown out by Syracuse, my daughter started bugging the shit out of me to go to the FSU-Louisvllle game. I typically don't enjoy being at football games - I can follow the game so much better at home without the traffic and TV timeouts. But then I thought about the ACC changing it's schedule so that we no longer play UL every year and I decided what the hell? So I laid out for seats on the FSU sideline, 45 yard line about 15 rows up, which is the UL alumni/athletes section for some reason.

We live about 75 minutes from the stadium so we left for the game and about 20 minutes into our drive on an interstate heavily under construction, there was a major slow down that turned into a rapid stop, cars veering off the road everywhere. I managed to avoid everyone in front of me but behind me, 2 cars hit each other, cars were swerving everywhere and a car came flying through and clipped us on the right side. Knocked our muffler off, did a fair amount of damage to the bumper and fender. It had to be towed.

We called our neighbor to see if he could come get us, and he could. I basically wrote off the game. My daughter was in tears, not because we almost died but because we were going to miss the game. Our neighbor is from Louisville and like me, also works in Louisville (mostly remote). When he gets there, he tells us he is taking us to Louisville for the game and he'll go find some friends to hang out with and watch the game. So that's what we did. Our saint of a neighbor - a UL fan no less - drove us over an hour right up to the stadium and picked us up afterward.

The game was great, of course. Sitting among the UL fans was fun, almost all of them were nice and talked about how they actually root for FSU quite often. True to KY form, most of them said "football, not basketball." Mack screamed and yelled way too much for where we were and definitely pissed some people off by the end, ha!

As far as the game, we came away with a ton of injuries and still somehow won. Not sure if we're going to survive without Travis or Verse or a couple OL if they are out for any length of time. But that was a game FSU doesn't win the past 5-6 years. So it was nice to see them overcome adversity and win a game.

We got home about 1am, courtesy of our neighbor. What a day...
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote