View Single Post
Old 09-21-2022, 11:05 AM   #587
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
dola: And it just occurred to me that because it involves welfare money, you can easily spin it into a Red State Blue State thing.

Seems like clickbait heaven. A story about Favre that you can also make a story about Red vs. Blue.

So why aren't places pressing the easy button here and cranking out these stories?

My guess is that this is similar to the situation with Jon Gruden's emails. No one wants to actually dig too far in to see who else was using the welfare funds for something other than welfare. I also don't think there is much more to say with the Farve piece of the story. They are never sending him to jail. He has paid back most of the money they gave him for speeches he did not give. No one is tearing down the arena that has been built. Finally, I think people are more likely to blame the government for giving him the money as opposed to him scamming the government. You know, it is not his fault that the government did not have enough red tape to catch on to what Favre was just doing. Plus as I said before, we know he is not the only one doing it.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote