View Single Post
Old 09-26-2022, 01:47 AM   #1274
whomario
Pro Starter

Also couldn't help myself and bought the new NBA 2K as i had just about that money left on a 'benefits card' i needed to empty before switching jobs in October. I think the on-court gameplay is pretty fun from first glance. Found what looks like a pretty decent 2002 roster for Xbox, need to stil, change a few things myself though as quite a few players haven't exactly been adjusted well by 2K or the roster maker (Nowitzki for example in 2002 was quite a bit more agile than he was rated but conversely less proficient in the post). Will likely either try the Mavs Big 3 or the Yao Rockets.
Re: Draft classes one thing i'd say to look out for is that what you download doesn't have more real players but then no quality-ok(ish) generated players but instead only 40 rated fillers. That likely wouldn't threaten viability (by default there always way more players in a draft than will ever get a roster spot and quality is too high) but it would make drafting a lot less fun. So personally i'd look for classes that are fully fleshed out or still leave decent filler players in. You could still make a house rule of only drafting real players yourself but with decent fillers sprinkled in some will then be available in Round 2 and not all go in Round 1.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 09-26-2022 at 02:55 AM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote