View Single Post
Old 10-28-2022, 04:12 AM   #18
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

(since this thread acts as kinda my thoughts on the game as well as playing it, this is what I said in their suggestions thread)

Quote:

As an adjunct to 4 different screens for attacks, can we have one screen with all the rolls instead of one screen per roll?

Currently:

X Has chosen Y for Punch In the Face

Y Attempts to Use "Oh No you don't"

X Rolls to attack Y

Y Attempts to Dodge

(notification of stun)

Y Attempts to use Soak Powers

Y takes (Number damage)

That's seven keystrokes/screens (and with dice rolls it's almost double that). Can we simplify that to one screen after an attack has been launched?

After "Punch In the Face is Selected, a text screen that reads:

"(Hero) attempted PUNCH IN THE FACE on (Villain)! Villain Attempted to use "Oh no you don't", (Roll:4, Failed Activation), Total: 20 (11 Melee Attack + 2d6 (9), (20 vs 17, HIT!"

Villain Tried to use "Dodge Ability", Roll: 4, Failed Activation).

(stun notification text)

Y attempted to use (soak power name), 5, success!

Y took 2 Physical Damage (3, -1 for using "Soak Power Name"). Y has 4 health remaining

By putting it all one screen, you're making it so much easier to read and flows through combat easier.

Adam's reply:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ryland, Game's creator
No, that's not viable because the sequence of powers isn't fixed (there could be a defensive power that only triggers on a certain dice roll and only if the previous step succeeded for example) and you need any potential re-roll opportunities to be broken up by circumstance. Having things done step by step is necessary by virtue of how the game works.

My reply:

Quote:
Too bad. The amount of clicking required is a negative point, but as you state, it's necessary for the game to function.

edit: Maybe a compromise would be to output that log or something like that to a screen that shows at the end of the turn.

I noticed when typing up all this for the dynasty, it's a LOT of typing. It's part of the nature of the game, but I felt like saying "If you think this is mind-numbing, you should try not only doing all this, but TYPING this up for you to read" (and that's one of the key sellers for your games, the dynasties ability)