Thread: World Politics
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2022, 03:17 AM   #85
Hammer
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
Why does Russia make no sense? The pipeline was never going to be making them money anymore and the discussions about this, which was the one useful thing about the pipeline(s) had pretty much run it's course at least over here. And then you kind of just demonstrated why it does: Speculation about who else might have done it. (the UK is just the newest one, the destruction has been used to fuel anti-american resentment immediately and intensively by actors that have been pushing the russian narrative all along).

Russia would love to pick up where they left off when all this is said and done. Oil to Europe is a primary revenue stream. They may be a lot of things but not that stupid.

Seems to me the media is winning the propaganda war and nationalism is clouding judgment. The good versus evil narrative seems to have swept a lot of inconvenient details under the carpet.

I never understood how German people could support Hitler when I was younger, but the brainwashing spin of the media is a very powerful force. I guess it even applied back then. Good people can be manipulated in to believing whatever a country wants it to.

I am open minded as to who destroyed the pipeline. I guess perhaps with the politics involved it is a conversation best avoided.
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote