View Single Post
Old 11-08-2022, 09:46 AM   #32
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
It's also a little bit of a hard sell to tell people "they're setting up to steal 2024" - there's like a lack of urgency there. Joe Biden is President - they can't do anything about that so "we can deal with that in 2024 if it materializes". Like it's something minor to check off the grocery list. Or something that you can stop once we're already so many steps down the road. I mean, there's a decent case that the die was already cast in 2016 Trump's Supreme Court choices and Moore vs Harper - and there's nothing to stop it now.

Don't worry, if it does happen, a ton of people will just go along with it with justifications like "this was legally done", not because it was legal but because people in power did it and they seem immune from real consequences and little more than abstract criticism. And as they watch their lives get worse in ways ranging from rights to economy, it's ok because those other people, the ones who were supposed to get hurt, they got hurt more.

SI

Well, if they change enough laws with the power they have, a lot of this will become legal by the time the complete takeover happens.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote