View Single Post
Old 11-08-2022, 01:49 PM   #42
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

I'm one of those people. Not because the other side winning is bad for democracy. In a vacuum, it's not. When the other side is on record as being against democracy, as not being willing to accept the outcome of elections, as promoting the Big Lie - not just as a party in certain elements, but hundreds of specific state-level candidates expected to win today - then the other side winning is a defeat for democracy. Effectively what is happening then is people willingly vote to not have their vote count in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic
If you feel we need a national law supporting abortion rights, get out there and vote for legislators who support abortion rights. It should have happened decades ago, but it never did.

100% this though. These issues can absolutely be resolved by enough people caring about them, which includes accepting imperfect candidates on other issues to get them done.

I just voted myself. Anecdotally, fewer people there than usual. Could just be the time I went, I'm not consistent with that. One person at a 'Dixon for Governor' table outside which I haven't seen at this location before. They were completely behaving themselves though, not approaching prospective voters, staying the requisite distance from the building, etc. I'm in an area where Trump hats are fairly common, so I expect this precinct will definitely go heavy to Dixon.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 11-08-2022 at 01:54 PM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote