View Single Post
Old 11-08-2022, 03:31 PM   #53
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
If you want to call any news source partisan for highlighting what the party or certain people are actually saying and doing, I guess that's cool. It's not exactly a secret that journalism, by its very nature, is progressive-leaning.

What do you consider a non-partisan news source? I'm honestly curious, because I'm always looking for new sources of semi-balanced news.

I have a master's degree in journalism, and when I started out in the field, I didn't give this much thought. It's a progressive-leaning world, and you're trying to fit in.

When I had the role of editor, I was more aware that the bigger role the press plays is in deciding what to cover and what not to cover.

You're right, that the nature of the press makes partisanship easy. That doesn't mean the press doesn't have a responsibility to fight partisanship whenever possible. These days, the mainstream press does not even acknowledge that fight. "Fair and balanced" is a rather poor joke.

I'm struggling in finding sources. I look at some pieces on Substack. I really like Bari Weiss lately, because she goes out there and tries to find those sources. But no one's perfect. The key is to keep on trying, I guess. Or try and relax and spend less time reading stuff that's designed to raise your blood pressure.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote