View Single Post
Old 11-08-2022, 06:11 PM   #79
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I'm trying to understand Jim's position here. It's not enough to default to "both sides suck." I think most of us would agree with that general proposition, in terms of the base partisan politics. But we're dealing with clear light/dark shades of gray differences that I am trying hard to understand the argument for how they are equal.

Hilary groused for a few hours about losing, conceded the night of the election and said the next day, quote, "We owe him an open mind and a chance to lead" ... but "both sides" election denial.

Hillary has been steadfast since 2016 that Trump was not the legitimate president.

Are there gray-area differences as to who sucks more at any given time? Of course. I'm just saying that both sides suck so much that weighing suck on any specific complaint is not worth the trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter
Don't even know why you're posting here. You're not going to change any minds and we're not changing yours.

That's a good illustration of where we are right now. Obviously, the conservative posters at FOFC have stopped posting about politics or disappeared entirely. I'm not a conservative, but I am of the opinion that mostly economics matters when it comes to the role of a government, so I will seem like one at times.

So, we don't discuss things when we don't agree? That's a bubble. That's CNN or Fox News. And that's exactly where the suck is.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote