View Single Post
Old 11-08-2022, 06:25 PM   #87
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
Hillary has been steadfast since 2016 that Trump was not the legitimate president.

Are there gray-area differences as to who sucks more at any given time? Of course. I'm just saying that both sides suck so much that weighing suck on any specific complaint is not worth the trouble.

And again, she conceded the day after and did not do one thing to attempt to affect the transition of power. Bitching to friends or on The View about sour grapes losing is not the same as what Trump (and way too much of the GOP) did and continues to do. I don't care if she shows up on this board in this thread right now and says she thinks Trump is illegitimate, it doesn't matter because she settled the matter of who was the next president by her actions (or lack of other actions).

Quote:
That's a good illustration of where we are right now. Obviously, the conservative posters at FOFC have stopped posting about politics or disappeared entirely. I'm not a conservative, but I am of the opinion that mostly economics matters when it comes to the role of a government, so I will seem like one at times.

So, we don't discuss things when we don't agree? That's a bubble. That's CNN or Fox News. And that's exactly where the suck is.

Hey, guess what? I was a registered R from 1989 until 2021. I'm now registered as an independent. I stopped voting GOP for President around 2004 by voting Libertarian, and didn't vote for a single Dem for national office until 2018.

If the GOP came back to its senses, or a legit third party sprung up out of this mess, I'd likely only vote Dem on a case-by-case basis because I'd feel like I have other, better options. Right now, Dem is the only option and I don't even see a reason to care about the normal issues you would typically vote on, because these are not normal times.

I think the issue is, we're in the process redefining what a conservative is. There's really no room for a social moderate, fiscal conservative in today's GOP. Aside from "lower taxes for me = good," on economic issues, the GOP does not care about spending or the deficit or most of anything that used to define us.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote