View Single Post
Old 11-11-2022, 08:31 AM   #6517
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
It does appear, at least for now, that the concept of tossing trump under his own bus and burying him, while lifting someone else, might be starting to take shape on the right.

If they do, I'm curious to see how "seamless" it is because he's not going quietly into the night. And I know DeSantis is the golden boy of the GOP right now but I can see a ton of Dems seeing him as Trump Jr. and that enthusiasm gap won't materialize like they think.

Yes, a lot of GOP voters are like "I like DeSantis because he's Trump without the baggage". But he's gotten into so many fights with Disney, woke schools, and the like to grow his Q rating that it's going to be tougher for him to make the pivot to national candidate. The margins are so thin right now, it might be enough. And if it's young DeSantis against old Biden, that also gives him an edge - styles make fights and all that. But I think the GOP is in for a rude awakening if they think nominating DeSantis makes all the Trumpism wash off their party.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 11-11-2022 at 08:35 AM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote