View Single Post
Old 11-14-2022, 11:10 PM   #1222
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
I hope you are right about the plan. I don’t want Ollie back and have heard there is (mutually) not interest in him returning in that role. It doesn’t have to be a WVU guy, but I wonder if the timing might be right to poach Rob Mullens back from Oregon. With Knight being well into his late 80’s and the PAC 12 looking unsettled, I could see him feeling good about his legacy and being ready to move on.

You hearing any mention of Rod? I don’t want him, but that would be WWE-style entertainment.

Unlikely on Ollie, but I'm not sure which side it's from. Whit wants the job and is is in the top 3 but his biggest hurdle, from what I've heard, is settling the Rich situation because of his ties there. He either has to sell it or make assurances that won't be the hire. Zinn is highly unlikely because she was the one that pushed Lyons so hard to extend Brown and doesn't have a very good relationship with the donor base. Mullens is in the top 3, but that's about all I've heard there. Alex Hammond was mentioned as a darkhorse, but a lot would have to happen for him to have a shot. They seem very confident they're getting one of the top 3 targets.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote