View Single Post
Old 11-17-2022, 10:27 AM   #2706
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I do get the parents not "commenting" (I'd go into hiding myself). But I'm sure they were interviewed by the police.

The lack of information from official sources is, arguably, understandable. The lack of insistence for more details from the Press (in a city like Raleigh) or having them do their own investigation is just weird to me. Seems like they are saying it's not worthy of more investigation ... (which is probably what they are thinking).

Unless it was immediately determined that the parents or the suspect's friends were accomplices, I am not sure what the press could responsibly do at this point. I feel like the authorities and the press deserve credit for maintaining the integrity of the investigation up to this point.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote