View Single Post
Old 12-14-2022, 11:23 AM   #561
miami_fan
Coordinator

I would love to get a better timeline with the Gio situation. I would also like some clarity on some of the verbiage. What does "Just before the World Cup" mean, was he told that his role would be very limited before when the team was announced? Before hr got to Qatar? Or before the first match after showing the lack of effort in training? Also what does "very limited" mean? Was he only supposed to come on as an impact sub? I don't think that would be an insane decision given some of Gio's injury issues this year. Finally, when did he apologize?

Either way, it is on Gio that he did not show the effort required and had to be called out not just by the coaching staff but also by his teammates. I am generally against coaches calling players out in public. I also know that many coaches believe that to be the next corrective step if they have tried to resolve the issue with the player in private and it hasn't worked. It could also be Berhalter putting his side on the record if he no longer is going to be the head coach.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote