View Single Post
Old 12-26-2022, 04:21 PM   #10796
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
It's likely the 2nd section you bolded, Edward.

I don't think that this is really likely going change much of anything. The local departments of health along with the pharmacies that supply nursing homes have been coming in and giving the vaccinations since they hit the market. I would say the percentage of nursing home residents that has not been offered the vaccination is extraordinarily low. I would say zero, but it seems like in my experience we are only offering the vaccinations roughly every 3 months so anyone that came in prior to the last offering would not have been offered it.

The real answer is we can't give these people a vaccination (even the ones that can't speak for themselves) without approval. I'm not going to get into politics here, but you can imagine when you are dealing with an elderly population how they tend to lean politically, and I think you can probably put two and two together. Also keep in mind that if you have to call family for approval you are likely going to be dealing with someone aged say 40-70 and again..you know politics and all. The whole virus just became way too political for the healthcare system to control at this point.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote