View Single Post
Old 12-30-2022, 06:53 PM   #1
MoonlightGraham
High School Varsity

A Pennsylvania Story (DDS: CB)

Hi, everybody. I'm Graham. I'm back with an idea for a dynasty report that I think will be fun.

I've played Wolverine Sports' games for a while now. While I've enjoyed all of them, my favorite is their Draft Day Sports: College Basketball game. My wife and daughter bought me the latest edition of the game for Christmas, and today I have my first real chance to enjoy it.

At first, I thought I'd write the usual "coach begins at small school and tries to work his way up to a national powerhouse" story. I do enjoy playing this kind of career, but this time I decided to approach it from a different angle.

My coach will spend his entire career coaching in a single state. He won't apply for, or accept, a job offer outside that state's borders.

Which state will I choose? It needs to be home to many Division I programs. Ideally, those programs would be diverse, ranging from very small to mid-major to power conference programs.

I've lived all my life in the mid-Atlantic area, and both sides of my family live on the East Coast. So, while California and Texas offer the largest number of possible teams, I eliminated them from consideration, simply because I'm not as familiar with them Apologies to any Californians or Texans in the audience.

North Carolina was a tempting choice. There's a really good mix of programs and conferences represented among the 18 schools located there. If I were a bigger fan of one of the North Carolina teams besides Davidson, I'd have chosen them.

I ended up choosing Pennsylvania.

Within the commonwealth's borders are 14 Division I programs to choose from:

Three iconic conferences--the ACC, the Big Ten, and the Big East--contain a team from the Keystone State. Seven other leagues contain at least one Pennsylvania school. There are programs with low prestige, and one of the most highly rated programs in the country. A wide range of stories could play out in a career that takes place entirely within Pennsylvania.

I'll be back to introduce you to our protagonist and to announce where he'll begin his coaching journey. I hope we'll all enjoy the story!

Last edited by MoonlightGraham : 03-09-2023 at 10:42 AM.
MoonlightGraham is offline   Reply With Quote