View Single Post
Old 12-31-2022, 10:28 AM   #390
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Barbra Walter's has died at the age of 93. Seemed like she was just always on the television. The Barbra Walter's Specials were so iconic.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I have been watching some of the clips posted on Twitter of some of her interviews. The matter of fact way she would call people on their BS without even slightly raising her voice is jarring when compared to journalists today. It was going to be an interview. She would give the subject of the interview room for their talking points early but once that was done, the interviewee was going to answer her fair questions or be called out for doing so.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote