View Single Post
Old 01-05-2023, 08:13 PM   #47
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Hmm. So the school did not believe the fiancée's statement that came out for eleven days after he was arrested that he did nothing wrong, it was all her fault and "It was never my intent to have him arrested or prosecuted."? I wonder why she may have added that last part. Maybe he did not do anything wrong. I don't have any reason to not believe her latest statement compared to what she said the night of the incident. Either way it is not a big deal because Beard is in his second season of a seven-year fully guaranteed contract that pays him more than $5 million per year. No worries.

Or.

Texas fires Chris Beard amid domestic family violence charge

Uh oh.

If you read the letter they sent his attorney, they said it was irrelevant whether he was convicted and that his underlying conduct, which he admitted, was the reason. Sounds like the argument was to at least let the criminal process conclude before firing him and they said we don't need to.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote