View Single Post
Old 01-18-2023, 08:28 PM   #220
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Goals?

Let’s look at my goals:

My goals for Theodoro:

1. Make nice with Genoa, and see if I can ally with them. NOPE! Never happened.
2. Ally with others nearby if possible. YUP, I got early game with Crimea.
3. Poach land when needed from an ongoing war with Crimea to bite off more than I can chew. DONE! Also don’t be afraid to expand elsewhere in the Black Sea like one province holding Orthodox Trebizond or the two province Muslim holding Candar. DONE until I lost to the Turks and then I never came back.
4. Create friendly relations with Portugal – YUP but that didn’t work out.
5. Let Portugal act as a place for fleet basing rights, YUP, but I couldn’t colonize.
6. Expand colonially to establish myself financially and militarily, DONE very strongly.
7. Build a Thalassocracy that has a huge navy, and places like islands in the Mediterranean, colonies, and loads more. Building a huge navy never happened until I needed a navy to beat Ternate and then a bigger one for Kilwa in the last decades as a place to use my money, and I never expanded into the Great Sea, my intended initial goal. The farthest east I expended was my Romania war. This was an Empire forged by the Sword, not the Sail.
8. Control the entire Black Sea region. Not even close, and I lost a war here and never came back.
9. Repeat! Not with the Black Sea, but my many wars in Central Asia, East Africa, Arabia, the Persian Gulf, and more to build over time certainly repeated. How many wars against Kilwa or Transoxiana happened?

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote