View Single Post
Old 02-15-2023, 02:31 PM   #12
Umbrella
High School Varsity

My movements were a mixed bag. O'Connor was able to move to RI, but gained the carpetbagger trait, which will hurt him in all elections for the next 10 years. Webb was able to shift his ideology to traditionalist with no penalty. Curley's mentorship of Hamlin wasn't bad. Hamlin improved his legislative skill, became more experienced in business matters, but also gained the controversial trait from his mentor.

Once this segment has been completed for the rest of the players, the next stage is determining the faction personality. Each faction will have an ideology based on its members (spoiler alert: mine will be moderate). It's possible to have more than one, but this won't be the case for me. In addition, there is also a faction interest. I'm not sure what mine will be yet, but I'm guessing either Reformists or Expansionists, depending on what happens with the other factions. And finally, there will be the lobbies. There are a bunch of them, and there are a lot of conditions that need to be met to hold the lobby card. As part of my draft strategy, I focused on education, so I hope that we get the public education lobby.

All factions will have at least one each of ideology, interest, and lobby cards. They can have more than one if they meet the requirements. These come into play for various things, but mostly for your score. Simply put, you get more points for passing legislation that satisfies your cards, and lose points for legislation that hurts your cards.
Umbrella is offline   Reply With Quote