View Single Post
Old 02-17-2023, 12:25 PM   #43
Swaggs
Coordinator

I don't blame Lamar for trying to break the bank here - he should be making more than Murray and Wilson and Watson, in my opinion. His two healthy years (+ rookie year), he was ridiculous. But, between the injuries and money, I think I would move on if I got a Godfather offer rather than sign him for $50M+ per season.

I think I would slot him behind Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, and I think Lawrence (given his age and contract) and then put him towards the front of a tier with Herbert, Hurts, an interested Aaron Rodgers (if that is still a thing), a healthy Tua (is that still a thing?) and just above Dak and Watson (he has questions, but these other guys do, too)?

I think the Ravens are too smart and too well run of an organization to tie up so much of their cap in a player that seems likely to miss 20% or more of games most seasons. If they have to jettison 3 or 4 good starters in order to keep Jackson, I think I would rather go with keeping the team competitive and trying to find someone like Jimmy G. or Tannehill and grab a QB to develop.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote