View Single Post
Old 02-22-2023, 11:24 AM   #102
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
This is a crazy twist in the Alabama murder case. Miller provided the gun but hasn't been charged or kicked off the team. He's projected to be a top 5 pick by a lot of people.

Darius Miles asked Brandon Miller to bring gun used to kill Jamea Jonae Harris, police testify - al.com

If Alabama somehow is able to sweep this under the rug I will be impressed. The fact that Oats knew this all happened and the only reason anyone knows about it is because the trial started is insane. I can't believe the kid has been able to play as well as he had with all of this hanging over him.

There are mentions that he (Brandon Miller) and another Freshman teammate used their cars to block the Jeep that had the victim of the murder in it. This is just absolutely crazy, and even crazier are the internet message boards and reddit threads with Alabama fans throwing all logic out the window and thinking only in terms of basketball results. The average student in this situation would be expelled from school no questions asked and maybe let back in if they were lucky.

I understand the legality and Alabama's laws certainly are in Miller's favor, but at some point, you have to understand that what you did may not have been illegal (many are arguing it actually is) but you are very wrong. And allowing this type of culture at Alabama just further proves what that school and athletic department are all about.
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote