View Single Post
Old 02-22-2023, 08:39 PM   #10
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
My quick take is: the underbrush housecleaning that seems easy enough to do would be to release DL Brockers and RG Vaitai for about 16.5m in cap relief, and then maybe WR Reynolds for another 3m or so. Could entertain any among them as a re-sign but current contracts don't make sense.

I 100% agree with Brockers and Vaitai. Brockers was benched halfway through the season and Vaitai was injured all last year.

Josh Reynolds is trickier. He was signed mid-way through the 2021 season and really solidified the recover position. He played with Goff in L.A. and they have a good report. With Chark’s UFA status, I think we keep Reynolds.

I need to deep dive a bit more on others. I think Romeo Okwara could be a candidate to be cut. He came back from a torn Achilles last year and just wasn’t the same…
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote