View Single Post
Old 02-25-2023, 06:42 PM   #129
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu Blue
It still kills me that the Rams pick isn't better. That stupid Bakery Mayfield comeback against the Raiders and that ridiculous Houston victory over the Colts did not help. Two games that should have ended very differently and in the Lions favor. (The Denver/Rams game was, also, very bad for the Lions, but that was such a blowout for the Rams that it's hard to get too upset by it.)

As a result, the Lions are picking sixth. By all consensus, defensively in this draft there is Jalen Carter and Will Anderson and then huge cliff and no consensus third best player.

Your Lions breakdown was top notch, but on this part, I wanted to say that it seems to me 6th is an absolute gift. The Rams could easily have been a good playoff team again. At the time the trade was made, any Lions fan would have considered 6th to be incredibly fortunate. The pick is better than it has any right to be.

I also think the other thread on the Lions is giving me 'Raiders looking good in pre-season' vibes. Let's all remember that these are the Detroit Lions. They are not a normal professional sports franchise where the normal rules of logic, building for the future through the draft, and other such concepts apply.

These are the Detroit Lions, and they are still owned by a Ford. They are where successful coaches and former Heisman Trophy winners go to die (professionally speaking). As Jeff Goldblum would say ...

Fail ... Finds A Way.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 02-25-2023 at 06:43 PM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote