View Single Post
Old 02-27-2023, 02:24 PM   #135
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
1x SB champion (not MVP)
2x SB appearances (threw INT to lose one)
Never MVP
1x top passer rating for season (2015)
1x top passing TDs for season (2017)
Holds most Seattle passing records

Most HoF QBs have multiple SB wins except Marino, notably, and Favre (1). But both hold or held multiple league-wide records, which is not even close to true for Wilson.

It feels like a really, really weak case.

Forget first ballot. That looks like he has no case for the HoF at all if he continues at that rate.

Most people fairly or unfairly consider him a passenger when the Seahawks won the Super Bowl. People at the very least indirectly blame him for the loss in the second one. Not only has he not won the MVP but he has not even got an MVP vote though that may change if he comes back to his best in the futre. Finally, no disrespect to Matt Hasselback, Dave Krieg, and Jim Zorn, Wilson holding all the franchise passing records says more about them, the era they played in and the era that Wilson played even if he may have been constrained by the Schneider/Carroll regime.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote