View Single Post
Old 03-10-2023, 07:33 AM   #642
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Let us know on your thoughts on how to find a lasting relationship.

Find someone who shares big picture traits with you. Like, neither of you are big drinkers/partiers, or both want to have kids, you're both beach people not mountains, etc. At least, this type of stuff was important back in my 20s. Maybe as you get older it doesn't matter as much? Not sure. But it would still be important to me now, I think. The corollary is, don't sweat the small details. Both of you should have the freedom to enjoy the hobbies or other things you like. My wife hates metal and I hate Hallmark movies but we've survived each other for over 31 years (going on 26 married).

Once you are in a committed relationship, never go to bed angry. It's happened twice in the 31 years that we've been together. Once for each of us. And it sent a message that the other was wrong and each of us realized it because it was an extreme step. You don't want to let bad feelings fester. Resolve the issues quickly, openly and honestly.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 03-10-2023 at 07:34 AM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote