View Single Post
Old 03-10-2023, 03:27 PM   #728
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Just went through the painful process of cancelling DirecTV. I've been with them for 22 years so I am "flagged and tagged as a VIP customer" according to the nice woman who helped me (who sounded suspiciously like Katt Williams, truthfully) which required me to be transferred several times to different people trying to get me to stay with offers that ranged from laughably weak to not much better (started at $15 a month off, up to $50 a month off for the next 12 months which would bring my bill all the way down to about $175 a month, or a little less than twice the cost of YTTV + Philo).

Funny thing is, the $50/month offer was made by the first 2 people and then they transferred me to the "last ditch" lady who was talking about the cost for YTTV + Philo being around $90, and is that the price point you're looking for, so I expected that major concession price. What did she offer? $50/month off plus some free movie packages for 3 months.

I mean, if price is the issue and you know what people are paying for streaming, either make a real offer to try to keep me hanging on for another year or just close up shop, you know?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 03-10-2023 at 03:38 PM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote