View Single Post
Old 03-12-2023, 04:15 PM   #74
MoonlightGraham
High School Varsity

November 1, 2013

To nobody's surprise, Jermaine Whitfield commits to Rhode Island this month. But Jack Ostrander hasn't said "yes" to Villanova yet. We didn't leave the field too quickly, did we?

More importantly, our late push to sign Paul Newman falls short, as he accepts Delaware's offer. While I'm disappointed that we can't land him, I'm glad the game won't always let human players wait for months, swoop in, and snag any player they want. It's more realistic, and more challenging, for a recruit to look favorably on a program that recruited him actively from the beginning.

Joe Lien still lists Wagner ahead of us, but his interest level goes up to High after his campus visit. Coach Sims and Coach Manion will each visit Joe again. In this case, I hope the late recruiting push strategy will pay off.

Now it's time to choose which point guard will receive an offer from us. Desmond White hasn't accepted his offer from Long Island yet. Is he waiting for Lafayette to make an offer he'd like better? Justin Judkins is still awaiting his first offer. I think he'd commit to us as soon as we offered him. Would it be better to play it safer and offer the scholarship to him?

Or, do I trust the point guard spot to Armando Brown (or even Alvaro Kinard) for the next two or three years and take a shot at the dynamic Corey Crayton? Corey hasn't accepted Loyola's offer yet.

*thinks about it*
*thinks about it some more*

The season starts this month, so I have lots to do before the recruiting cycle begins again. I'll think about it even more.
MoonlightGraham is offline   Reply With Quote