View Single Post
Old 03-12-2023, 05:16 PM   #75
MoonlightGraham
High School Varsity

November 18, 2013
Lafayette 77, Quinnipiac 48

We open our season with an easy road win. Clark Nolan flashes some offensive game, leading us with 15 points. Hubert Song adds 14, and Alvaro Kinard nets 12 in his collegiate debut. Rhett King plays well off the bench, with 11 points.
Record: 1-0.

November 20, 2013
Lafayette 89, Fordham 48

Our home opener is an even more joyous romp. Dana Broughton goes 5-9 from behind the arc, finishing with 19 points. Alvaro Kinard (15), Billy Weiler (14), Hubert Song (11) and Rhett King (11) round out a group of five Leopards in double digits.
Record: 2-0.

November 24, 2013
Lafayette 67, Boston University 58

We run our record to 3-0 with an upset win at a tough place to play. A combination of tough defense from the Terriers and our inability to hit open shots keeps our scoring down, but we compensate well with another tenacious defensive effort.

Hubert Song scores 14 points, and Alvaro Kinard adds 11; the freshman has scored in double figures in each of his first three games.

We earn a spot in the Mid-Major Top 25 for the first time, coming in at #24.
Record: 3-0.

November 27, 2013
Lafayette 87, Princeton 67

The crowd at the Kirby Center is treated to another high-scoring performance from the home team. Hubert Song goes off for the first time, dropping in 21. Alvaro Kinard is once again the only other Leopard in double figures, but six other players score at least seven points.

Big James Sanders has endured a slow start, struggling to make his presence felt. Today, he grabs a season-high 9 rebounds, but he shoots poorly--3 for 10--and finishes with only 7 points.
Record: 4-0.

It's time to make my final recruiting decisions for the month. My confidence running high as I look at our 4-0 record, I decide to be bold. I offer our second scholarship to Corey Crayton.

If we can sign Crayton and Joe Lien--and if they're as good as we think they are--we'll add two potent scorers to our lineup. Hubert Song has begun to demonstrate the qualities of a true lead guard, leading our team in assists and, better yet, posting an assist-to-turnover ratio of 4.66:1. Armando Brown is also playing well as our third guard. As a result, I'm feeling better about going into next season with Song and/or Brown directing the offense.

Let's see what happens, shall we?
MoonlightGraham is offline   Reply With Quote