View Single Post
Old 03-12-2023, 05:45 PM   #76
MoonlightGraham
High School Varsity

December 1, 2013
Recruiting Update

Let Leopard Nation rejoice! Joe Lien has committed to Lafayette!

There seems to be more to Joe's game than his arcade-like scoring totals. He's averaging about six rebounds and six assists a game, and his potentials in those areas look good. Our scouts see him developing into a decent perimeter defender, too.

We lose out on Corey Crayton, however. Drexel makes him an offer he can't refuse. Corey has always liked their program, so I'm not surprised that he committed as soon as they arrived with a scholarship in hand.

Desmond White commits to Long Island, so he's off the table now. LIU's coach, Thomas Cowans, is probably on the hot seat, after winning 17 games in the last two seasons combined. White is a good signing for him. Perhaps he can help Coach Cowans turn things around.

It's a lot easier to be charitable, now that Lien is on his way.

Our backcourt for next season will include first year Lien, junior Hubert Song, and sophomores Alvaro Kinard and Armando Brown. There's no longer a need to hit a home run with this offer, so I decide to extend it to the patient Justin Judkins. Justin isn't as highly regarded as the other players we've looked at, but I see a solid player there who will have time to develop his game without being rushed into action.
MoonlightGraham is offline   Reply With Quote