View Single Post
Old 03-17-2023, 02:01 AM   #453
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

I suppose it's too much to root for Buffalo to pick up Brandon Allen as their practice squad QB, now that Kyle Allen has been signed to back up Josh Allen.

With Minshew going to Indy, Foles will be released. They seem locked into drafting a QB now, and no one would pay a third QB $3 million except in very unusual circumstances. He should sign on somewhere - at least eight teams still need a guy with some experience to back up the starter.

Washington and Tampa Bay seem content to stand with those one-year deals (Brissett and Mayfield). Atlanta is going with Ridder. And it's assumed Rodgers will go to the Jets, leaving Love in place. I don't think Green Bay has picked up Love's fifth year yet (still some time, Herbert and Burrow also haven't, and those teams are hardly going to take that risk).

What happens if the Jets won't accept Green Bay's offer? It's been speculated that Green Bay can ask for a ridiculous amount here, however, if the bluff is called, the Packers can't exactly release Rodgers ($99 million in dead cap) and I'm not even sure how he can fit under New York's cap since there's so much guaranteed money.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote