View Single Post
Old 03-17-2023, 09:01 AM   #57
Umbrella
High School Varsity

House elections are complete! Here are my results:

Otis Wingo (AR-i) - Won unopposed.
Clarence Lea (CA-i) - Ended up winning easily.
William Dieterich (IL) - Barely lost to the incumbent.
Stanley H Kunz (IL-i) - Barely won.
Scott W Lucas (IL) - Wins, unseating an incumbent.
Sherman Minton (IN) - Eked out a urprising win, unseating the incumbent.
Henry Schricker (IN) - Another surprise win in Indiana, and another incumbent gone.
Rene L De Rouoen (LA-i) - No opponent in general.
Riley J Wilson (LA-i) - Another unopposed victory.
William P Connery Jr (MA) - Almost unseated the incumbent, but fell short by the thinnest of margins.
Harry S Truman (MO) - Won unopposed.
A S J Carnahan (MO) - Won easily.
Raymond B Stevens (NH) - Not surprising, lost easily.
William H Smathers (NJ) - Barely lost to the incumbent.
George Silzer (NJ) - Won easily.
John E Miles (NM) - Won easily.
Francis J Myers (PA) - Unseated the incumbent with a surprisingly easy win.
Cordell Hull (TN-i) - Won in a tighter than expected race.
Sam Rayburn (TX-i) - Won unopposed.

Another set of good results. I picked up eight seats. In this game, 1 seat does not equal one vote. As I mentioned earlier, there is a ratio of seats so we don't have hundreds of politicians and elections every 2 years. There's a formula that calculates how many votes you have. It hasn't been updated yet, and I'm too lazy right now to manually go calculate it. Once that's done, I'll tell you how many votes I picked up.

I need to figure out what to do about Hull. He's an absolute stud, but his politics are not in line with what Tennessee likes, so his election results are always tight. In real life, he was a long term secretary of state, and so if the Democrats can win the 1932 presidency, I think I need to work on getting him in the cabinet.

I did end up getting bonus points because I have the Senate Minority Leader (Hayden) and House Minority Leader (Hull), and we did better in the elections than the Republicans. I don't know yet if we have taken control of the house. The scores for the house elections haven't been updated yet either, so I don't know the final scores yet for this half term. I do know our party will be the leading scoring party quite easily. There is a mechanic that if the party with the highest score also has the faction with the lowest score, then there is a score penalty to that party. It's an interesting rule, designed to force the factions to try to work together when they are in charge. This shouldn't come into play for us this turn though.

Next step is the end of the half term. We'll have to see if Kenneth McKeller retires from politics after losing his senate seat. Also, Woodbridge Ferris, who lost the governors race in Michigan, is old enough that he has a high chance of retiring. I think everyone else is safe.
Umbrella is offline   Reply With Quote