View Single Post
Old 03-28-2023, 03:25 PM   #2865
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Maybe I misinterpreted what he meant but I took it as a trans man killer is not nearly as effective of a villain as it would be if the murderer were a trans woman. If you don't believe in transgenders, then you are just saying a chick cosplaying as a man shot up a school. That is not a successful narrative IMO and is more likely to blow over. It is not like the initial ID was of a guy and then we found out that the person was transgendered. Nor is the media pushing a traditional man's name on the murderer which would allow opponents to deadname the killer. From everything I saw, the description has been a woman named Audrey Hale shot up a school. Oh and she identified as transgender and used the pronouns He/Him.

Yes it should be investigated and it may have been a factor or even a primary motive. The idea that this is seminal event that will be used to justify future actions is silly because no more justification is needed. I spent an hour on a treadmill this morning with Fox & Friends on one of the TV screens in front of me. There was much more concern about the War on Christianity, putting more guns in schools and the government using this incident to take away guns from citizens than of the transgenders. Will it be swept completely under the carpet? No. Will it be the same sort of huge deal if it were a trans woman? No.

Not sure what you’re watching, other than the Fox News feed, but I’ve seen almost nothing but vilification of trans people because of this. Right wing media is downright gleeful over this.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote