View Single Post
Old 03-29-2023, 07:36 AM   #2883
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

It's certainly an angle to investigate, but I don't think there is (or should be) an assumption that in every school shooting, the shooter had some issue with the school or someone in it. There are plenty of random shootings, or people who carry out a shooting in a school for the symbolism and not specifically targeting a school or people in it.

But here, once they knew that the shooter previously attended the school, then you have a reason to more seriously pursue that path. But even in that case, it's not necessarily connected to the reason for the shooting. Even with the Sandy Hook shooter, who attended that school for a few years, it was never conclusively determined why he chose that school and it may have had nothing to do with the school or anyone in it, but a place that he was familiar with and knew there were a bunch of innocent people who would be more easily controlled/killed to inflict maximum carnage. It's hard to get inside the head of someone so mentally ill that they would kill a family member and a bunch of children.

Here, given the national trans debate and recent legislation in states like TN (and here in KY), it's reasonable to assume a connection. And they said they left plenty of evidence of why they did it, so I assume that will come out in time.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote