View Single Post
Old 03-30-2023, 10:42 AM   #2932
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
What I don't get is how they might feel intimidated by the imagery coming back at them. How are pride flags, pronouns, men in dresses wearing comical amounts of makeup scary? Maybe on an existential level, but physically there is no threat of harm.

Let me take a crack at this, because I'm treating it as a legitimate question.

Fair warning: nobody has to like my response, all I'd ask is that you treat it as what it is: an attempt to give a legitimate answer to (what I perceive as) a fair enough question.

In my whole life, 56 years worth, I've never lost a minute of sleep about guns. I've lost a fair bit of sleep over the disintegration of common sense, of efforts to normalize batshit crazy behavior, of living in a world steadily going mad.

(I wouldn't explain this bit in this particularly way honestly, but I'm trying to address the actual wording of your post with this) There are considerably worse harms than those that can be done to one person, many of us believe we're watching as a nation descends into madness that is not recoverable. That's some scary shit indeed.