View Single Post
Old 03-30-2023, 11:13 AM   #2935
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Let me take a crack at this, because I'm treating it as a legitimate question.

Fair warning: nobody has to like my response, all I'd ask is that you treat it as what it is: an attempt to give a legitimate answer to (what I perceive as) a fair enough question.

In my whole life, 56 years worth, I've never lost a minute of sleep about guns. I've lost a fair bit of sleep over the disintegration of common sense, of efforts to normalize batshit crazy behavior, of living in a world steadily going mad.

(I wouldn't explain this bit in this particularly way honestly, but I'm trying to address the actual wording of your post with this) There are considerably worse harms than those that can be done to one person, many of us believe we're watching as a nation descends into madness that is not recoverable. That's some scary shit indeed.

Other than losing sleep how has your life been adversely effected by these harms you claim? By all accounts you have a steady job, you're healthy (not sure how ) you eat out every meal, you go to high school football games and concerts, and you have a great kid who is on the path to being hugely successful.

I have relatives in other countries. People definitely think we are a nation descending into madness. Because of the mass shootings and the fact we do nothing about it. That is a very real threat. Every one of us likely knows someone who has been effected by gun violence. How many of us know someone who was effected negatively by a pride flag or drag queens reading books to school children?

I just can not understand your take. It's like complaining the chardonnay isn't quite cold enough in first class.

Last edited by Lathum : 03-30-2023 at 11:15 AM.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote