View Single Post
Old 03-30-2023, 06:10 PM   #750
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Seems like the best thing to do is find a cheapish live TV package that includes ESPN.

We're now 1 month into cutting the cord and it's working out pretty well. My wife still has the occasional frustration. I wish most streaming services were not set up like Netflix, basically for bingers. I hate the fact that shows automatically go to the next episode as you are finishing an episode. And as far as DVR, I hate that we can't get rid of stuff we have already watched. New recordings are often buried in seasons and seasons of old episodes, and figuring out which episode is next is not always intuitive because of all the other episodes it's showing me.

I did get several Roku's and it's been a good move (thanks Jim and whoever else suggested it). One downside is the remote control volume buttons, which are way too sensitive. I can't change from like volume 10 to 14 without it skipping all the way to 25.

The only channel I really wanted that I couldn't get with YTTV + Philo was Tennis Channel. I was going to get a TC Plus subscription but it's like ESPN+ - you don't Tennis Channel, just the extra stuff. But Tennis Channel is not as popular as ESPN, so it's not that easy to get with a streaming package. I feel like Tennis Channel is really missing the boat on subscriptions, but I assume they are trying to keep the value of their carriage fees up by not allowing people to one-off subscribe. That said, I would have paid. But since they won't let me and I can't get it with the packages I have... I borrowed my parents DTV login. Problem solved! For now, anyway.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote