View Single Post
Old 03-31-2023, 05:17 PM   #201
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
If you ever watch concert security, they are just as aggressive if someone tries to jump on stage. I've never heard of a problem with a venue being sued for that but I'm sure it's happened. I wonder if we treat this differently because it's a bunch of athletes on the field and not Taylor Swift.

Anyway, I would chalk it up to "play stupid games, win stupid prizes".

They still have to act reasonable and in a non-negligent manner. In fact, bouncers/security often have a dual-edged sword because they have to provide a reasonably safe environment on one hand, but can't use force beyond what's reasonable in any given circumstance. They can even be sued (or criminally charged) if their actions go well beyond negligence and become intentional.

I don't know whether lawsuits came out of any of them, but I've seen plenty of videos of band members yelling at security or physically trying to prevent them from roughing up someone in a mosh pit or crowd-surfing.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote