View Single Post
Old 03-31-2023, 06:19 PM   #220
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

So much great music has already come out in 2023. Trying hard to keep up with it!

Just today, releases from Sermon, Ongoing Concept and City and Colour.

Sermon is one of those perfect genre blends for me - goth-y progressive metal in the vein of Katatonia/Tool, amazing production and mysterious/anonymous band members. This hits so hard.

Ongoing Concept - this one was a surprise. I really enjoyed one of this band's albums about 8 or so years ago but lost track of them. Definitely an acquired taste, like a mixture of a hardcore/screamo band with Jamiroquai. Based on this song, I think they've taken their original sound and greatly improved on it.

City and Colour - something a bit different for the non-metal crowd, although this guy (Dallas Green, no not the former Phillies manager) is from the Canadian hardcore band Alexisonfire. This album is mostly about his journey to accepting the death of a good friend right before Covid hit.

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote