View Single Post
Old 04-01-2023, 10:07 PM   #2964
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
You're wrong. I said make them as hard to get as abortions which a) isn't a total ban and b) was clearly a flippant answer about how the GOP treats individual liberty.

Okay, I misunderstood the below then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
I'm OK with that. In fact, I think we should stop beating around the bush - the second amendment is an obsolete anachronism and should be repealed.
Quote:
Same. I don't see what sorting our responses into categories brings to this thread. Maybe r/politics wants to rehash a gun control thread, but I doubt FOFC does.

Just trying to level set based on our Jun 22 discussion. Good thing as it seems I misunderstood some statements. FWIW, I didn't bring up gun control in this recent discussion and I was not the first to respond. I'm pretty sure gun control discussions will come up again (but promise I won't be the first to bring it up).

I'll go ahead and post Brian S and JPhillips for the record in case I've misinterpreted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
We know how to stop shootings, ban guns and make buybacks mandatory. That won't happen, though, because the GOP position is now that no gun control laws can be passed because someday they may want to start killing people and overthrow the government.

It's madness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
FWIW, I'm the one who brought up gun elimination, and I didn't do so as a dog whistle. It's a serious proposal. Not one that I personally advocate, but it is what I think is required to get to a level of violence that many would consider acceptable.

Last edited by Edward64 : 04-01-2023 at 10:12 PM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote