View Single Post
Old 04-04-2023, 02:48 PM   #297
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
Hey, I don't claim to fully understand what is going over the pond. I hear of lot of things from the Republican's I find pretty awful. Gay rights, women not having the right to control their own bodies, gun narrow mindedness.

On the flip side I hear about wokism getting out of control. Biological men being allowed to compete in sport again biological females. Political correctness is no longer in the real world.

For me I am not going to spend my life arguing with a stranger on Twitter. I can understand you are in an emotional spot. But from my experience people seldom change their opinions if they are hard right or left. They just die and a new generation comes through with fresh outlooks.

It seems pretty obvious to me the current left versus right war in the U.S. will have no winner. It has gone too far now. Life long resentment on the cards IMO.

I dunno, these seem pretty unequal when you talk about the consequences of each:

"Gay rights, women not having the right to control their own bodies, gun narrow mindedness." = "take away rights from gays, arrest women/force pregnancy, #1 cause of death for children in the US is gun violence"

vs

"On the flip side I hear about wokism getting out of control. Biological men being allowed to compete in sport again biological females. Political correctness is no longer in the real world." = "potential imbalance in sports for the 1% of the population that is trans and whatever the consequences of 'wokeness' are"

Seems a little callous to go "hey, you're really emotional" when someone laid out some real world consequences of these things or dismissive to say something about "lifelong resentment" when there are real, tangible dangers to your family.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote