View Single Post
Old 04-14-2023, 02:13 PM   #825
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
If they go down, I suspect it'll take some time to build back up but I've never followed a relegated team before so I don't know much about how all that works.

It does not have to take some time to come back up. Burnley were in similar financial problems last year and came right back up with arguably a better squad of players with room to grow over the next few years.

Relegation sucks but the road back up can be fun if for no other reason but you get to see your club win matches. The club also can bring through a few young players instead of feeling the pressure to bring in EPL talent. Unfortunately, that does not guarantee they won't overspend if they are not careful.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote