View Single Post
Old 04-23-2023, 11:50 AM   #734
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
I guess it's not that I "only" care about those things, but I'm not sure what else I am getting if I pay more. Like I'm already paying a minimum of $500 a day for us to go to sleep at night and go the park - so I want to get my money's worth out of doing those things. I'm not sure that, I'm going to get much out of, say, paying an extra $300 a night for the hotel - will I just be sitting there going "I should be in the park not just staying here at the hotel"?

Pre-pandemic I could have answered a whole lot of questions with confidence, now I'm super hesitant about most things WDW cause so much has changed, in terms of policy, pricing, etc.

I will say that our stays ran the gamut from the bottom rung to the upper mid rung, with a few high rung stays. The biggest difference to me was probably "the vibe". All-Stars for example is a chaotic scramble vibe. Grand Floridian is pretty darned chill. Swan & Dolphin was like staying at any business class hotel, but with Disney Transportation included (was then, no clue if it's still the same)

Pro tip: the smaller the resort (on property that is), the easier it'll be to manage tings like making it to buses/transportation. I think I walked a half day's worth of in park just to get around Cornado Springs, haaaaated it. Port Orleans was probably the easiest to navigate in good time aside from Contemporary.

Park-related benefits were all the same regardless of resort, you're either "at a Disney property" or you're not was the deal, check fine print & details to make sure that's still the case tho.