View Single Post
Old 04-23-2023, 09:56 PM   #754
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post

Near as I can tell, these are the benefits of staying at a Disney resort:
* Transportation system and location (big plus: saves time and money)
* Reservation for food for your whole trip, not just the first day (useful, I guess)
* Early entry - probably helpful, but we'll see how much of early risers we are and how much we want to rip out the crowd machete to stand in the entry line

Like with early entry - did you feel that was really worth it? I mean, you get your line drop ride without too much hassle, right?

SI

On property was absolutely 100% worth it. Only did off property once, never again after our first on-property.

Now, early entry was a strategy thing for us. Once we got a couple trips under our belt we used it as a counter. Crowds go to early entry, WE go somewhere else.

We prebooked a meal a day for every trip after the first couple trips. And always did that at the 30/60/90 mark (earliest possible varied in our years IIRC). We had it down cold, a grid that planned our parks & meals was part of the trip process almost forever, it became automatic. Every day we had a plan for Morning Park/Evening Park, and food. Rotated parks, the whole nine yards. Made it work for us, ymmv.

And for as hellish as WDW transportation can be, doing the parks without it seems even worse. Zero interest in dealing with traffic, parking, ingress/egress neither before nor after a park day.