View Single Post
Old 04-27-2023, 10:46 PM   #1
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

WCW 2001: From the Ashes

2001. The year that changed professional wrestling forever. It was the year in which Vince McMahon finally put an end to the Monday Night Wars and put his biggest nemesis, World Championship Wrestling, out of business for good by buying the company for $2.5 million. A truly memorable era in pro wrestling was over. But what if WCW could have somehow survived beyond March 26, 2001?

I will be playing as the head booker for World Championship Wrestling in TEW 2020 with the 'Goodbye and Goodnight?' mod and picking up six weeks later with the much-anticipated reset of the company at the Big Bang pay-per-view. There is no complicated backstory. I’ll play it as if Eric Bischoff was able to buy the company. My first order of business will be to work out as many deals as I can with various networks around the world. The pickings will be slim as WCW’s popularity is way down at this time. The second order of business will be to look at the list of unemployed workers and workers not tied to exclusive contracts in other companies and see if any of them can help WCW.

WCW is rated a ‘Small’ company. I am at 45 popularity in all regions of America except the Southeast and Southwest (WCW’s new location of operations) where we are at 55. In order to get to ‘Medium’ size, I will need to achieve 59 popularity in the Southwest and maintain at least a 35 in either the Great Lakes, Mid Atlantic, or Mid South regions. In addition, I cannot run house shows because WCW is too small. I will have to hit ‘Medium’ for that to happen. I am able to sign workers to exclusive written deals. The mod has WCW at $10,000,000. Not sure if that is realistic at that time. To make the dynasty more of a challenge, I’ll cut it down to $5,000,000 and maybe I won’t go bankrupt in the next three months. If I do, all of this was a waste.

WCW is also rated as having 45% prestige and 20% momentum. Lots of work to do to be respectable again with the incredible star power of the WWF at work.

**I will be posting some of the events leading up to the Big Bang on May 6 such as press releases from WCW, the dirt sheets, roster decisions, finances, etc to give an overall look at the state of the company leading up to WCW Version 2.0. Great to be back on here after a hiatus.

Last edited by tucking fypo : 04-28-2023 at 07:31 AM.
tucking fypo is offline   Reply With Quote