View Single Post
Old 04-28-2023, 08:53 AM   #755
tzach
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
I’m really interested in how the Steelers play this. Their new GM already seems more aggressive about going to get what he wants. I think Porter Jr. and Branch seemed acceptable at #17, but one of those TEs + Jones in the first would really transform the offense quite a bit. If they could drop down 4 or 5 spots and maybe regain the fourth they traded away, that would be pretty nice. I think there have to be some teams kicking the tires on that pick for Hooker or Levis

I’d like to see them get one of the two ILBs (Simpson or Sanders) with their other 2nd. I think they need an ILB about as bad as anything and I’ve been wondering if they may try to get Devin White from Tampa - they liked him a lot the year he was drafted, but couldn’t move up high enough to get him and ended up with Bush, who got hurt and was a bust.

I love the move to get Broderick Jones and it seems possible that we could end up with two more guys that could get serious playing time next season.

apparently there's questions about jp jr's playmaking and motor. the steelers highly coveted darnell washington and have increasing usage of 122 personnel, so i wouldn't discount that possibility.

michael mayer looks like the real deal though, but the steelers didn't bring him in for a visit and only sent an area scout to the pro day. maybe they thought the guy wouldn't be available in the 2nd.

i'd guess they would try to trade down a few spots and still grab one of the three. they would trade down as far as ATL or WAS if a 3rd this yr + fut 2nd is involved, i'd guess.
tzach is offline   Reply With Quote