View Single Post
Old 05-08-2023, 09:55 AM   #462
Edward64
Head Coach

Need to know the details on the proposal but probably a good step in the right direction. Whenever I've had a flight cancelled or delayed, I have gotten hotel rooms or a food voucher, my flights have been rescheduled etc.

I can see where airlines can do more. Assistance when missing a connecting flight on a different airline, driving home and mileage if a flight has been cancelled till the next day, provide better snack besides fruit bars & water bottles, charged a night at destination because of the delay etc.

Biden wants airlines to give you miles, vouchers or even cash if they strand you
Quote:
President Biden and Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg are pushing for airline passengers to be compensated if they're stranded for reasons other than the weather, the latest effort from the White House to force changes to the flying experience in the face of widespread customer dissatisfaction.

Many airlines already offer refunds, hotel rooms, and meals, but federal officials want the carriers to go further. Biden and Buttigieg unveiled a new push Monday that airlines provide customers with vouchers, miles or even cash when flights get canceled or significantly delayed by something within a carrier's control, like a mechanical issue.

“When an airline causes a flight cancellation or delay, passengers should not foot the bill,” Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg said in a statement. He adds that this is the first time in U.S. history that such a far-reaching rule has been proposed.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote