View Single Post
Old 05-29-2023, 07:24 PM   #777
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Now see, given my confidence level, I would have absolutely taken that as "I'm asexual since it's you who asked me out."

It's an odd thing to say to a co-worker. That's why I mentioned not taking it personally. There's been mention of many attempts to get her to join various activities, plus this "negotiation" of a brunch rather than dinner, whatever that means. And Corinna is supposedly a friend - she'd know if there had been some sort of declaration.

I think your response would be warranted here, but we've been saying from nearly the beginning that she's just not into him for whatever reason. It really doesn't matter why. The meetups are working. It's not important to have closure for a failure or pursue failures. Dating is about getting to know someone so that you can mutually decide if a relationship is a good idea. You don't just choose someone and a relationship manifests.

That's why I advocate the cold data approach. Maximize your opportunities to date, then take those opportunities to learn about someone. Going from 0-to-relationship in six seconds is a recipe for unhappiness.

If kale is a deal-breaker, try adding bacon. It kinda defeats the purpose of having kale in the first place, but they do work very well together.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote