View Single Post
Old 06-02-2023, 01:04 PM   #66
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Good ol' Haley, the one candidate that might have gotten me to vote for HRC.

I'd pay for PPV to have seen this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
I doubt Trump runs 3rd party, that's just too much work. He would, though, spend all his time trying to sabotage the GOP nominee so he could claim that if he was the nominee he would have won.

A legit 3rd party with any hope of succeeding would need to start now, in order to have a 50-state ground game, including getting on the ballots in states. Given those deadlines, dropping out of, or losing, a primary is too late to get on enough ballots, even with infinite resources.

So, I agree. If he loses the primary, he might run "3rd party" out of spite, and it's likely his true believers (or grifters) might get him on the ballot in a few states, and if any of those states are swingy enough, it would be plenty to give the election to Biden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
So my BIL just wrote me, he asked Dimon who said he would love the job but doesn't want to go through the campaign.

If I had been on the board yesterday when this came up this would have been my guess. He's already in charge of JPM. POTUS is probably a lateral move with a lot of downside.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote